How to Get a Scratch Out of Wood – If you have a piece of furniture with a scratch, you can usually fix it with a little bit of elbow grease.
Checkout this video:
There are a few things you can do to try to remove a scratch from wood. The first thing you should do is to try to rub the scratch out with a soft cloth. If that doesn’t work, you can try using a pencil eraser. If the scratch is still there, you can try using a furniture polish or a dab of toothpaste. If all of these things fail, you can always sand the scratch out and then repolish the wood.
What You Will Need
-Town Talk Polishing Cloths
-T-Cut Scratch Remover
Town Talk Polishing Cloths are impregnated with a mild abrasive, so they’re perfect for gently removing surface scratches. T-Cut Scratch Remover is a product that’s designed to remove scratches from paintwork, so it’s ideal for use on wood. It’s available from most large supermarkets and car accessory shops.
1. Start by wetting a Town Talk Polishing Cloth with water and wringing it out until it’s only damp.
2. Now rub the cloth over the scratched area in a circular motion until the scratch disappears. If the scratch is particularly deep, you may need to use a little more pressure.
3. Once the scratch has disappeared, buff the area with a dry Town Talk Polishing Cloth to remove any residue.
4. Now apply a small amount of T-Cut Scratch Remover to another Town Talk Polishing Cloth and rub it over the area in a circular motion until the cloth becomes dry. This will remove any remaining abrasive particles and leave a high gloss finish.
5. Finally, buff the area with a dry paper towel to remove any residue and leave a streak free finish
How to Get a Scratch Out of Wood
There are a few different ways that you can try to get a scratch out of wood. If the scratch is not too deep, you may be able to remove it with a mild abrasive. You can also try using a furniture polish or wax to fill in the scratch and make it less noticeable. If the scratch is deeper, you may need to sand down the area and then refinish it.
How to Prevent Scratches in the Future
There are a few things you can do to prevent scratches in your wood furniture:
– Use coasters: This is an obvious one, but it’s worth repeating. Placing coasters under drinks will help protect your furniture from water rings and scratches.
– Use place mats or trivets: If you’re going to put hot dishes on your wood furniture, be sure to use a place mat or trivet first. This will help prevent heat damage.
– Keep pets off the furniture: Pets can be a major source of scratches in wood furniture. If possible, keep them off altogether or at least train them not to jump on or scratch the furniture.
– Keep sharp objects away: Knives, keys, and other sharp objects can easily scratch wood furniture. Keep them stored away in a drawer or box to prevent accidental damage.