A cordless saw is a type of circular saw that does not require a power cord; these tools utilize batteries, usually Lithium-ion, to carry out their function.
The advantage that a cordless saw has to offer you is motility and portability; granted that these saws are generally more expensive than their corded brothers, it furnishes features of present-day technology. Its purpose is to minimize occupational work hazards and improve maneuverability because of its compact designs and lesser weights.
Yes, once cordless saws were considered less powerful, but over the years, advancements in technology have improved them to match the ferocity or power of their wire-bounded brothers.
Such a complex power tool thus has a lot of variables that need to be considered before buying it, but we have got you. Just take a look below at our cordless circular saw reviews, and you will be done in no time.
Read Also: Multi-Function Circular Saw Reviews
Top 6 Best Cordless Circular Saws In 2022
1. Bosch GKS 18V Professional Cordless Circular Saw
- Performance - a fast sawing rate and long runtime thanks to powerful motor and 5.0 Ah batteries
- Robust Design - for every application on the jobsite, even on a roof or scaffold
- Everyone can choose sides - a hand-held circular saw that can also have the saw blade on the right-hand side
The first power tool on our list is an 18 volts cordless circular saw from Bosch.
A company whose motto states ‘invented for life’. Bosch power tools are well renowned for their endurance, longevity and versatility.
Why choose this device? Bosch GKS, offers cutting edge performance, better than what your everyday circular saw brings to the table; with a fast sawing rate- 3500 RPMs and a powerful motor. A 5 Ampere Hour battery, has a higher energy density and double the amount of cells powering the motor. This implies that the saw will run for a longer amount of time.
In addition, this device is powerfully built for any kind of job, and environment. It uses sturdy materials, but is very lightweight. Weighing only 7 ½ pounds. It can be used by anyone for cutting any type of material be it, wood, metal, or ceramics. This is a reasonably hand-held device having dimensions of 15.51 x 11.14 x 10.16 inches. A size like this makes it easier when making continuous linear cuts and minimizes fatigue.
It is suitable for craftsmen preferring both right-blades and left-blades as this power tool extends the ability to attach the blade to your preferred side. This becomes a handy ability, allowing the user to customize the tool to their preference. The tool itself being cordless improves mobility and allows you to work in a comfortable position, free of the shackles of wires.
The Bosch GKS 18V-57, offers ease of use, a rigid body, and a powerful motor, allowing you to cut through even the most stubborn objects with relative ease and poise. This makes it a considerable choice for any situation, both for homeworkers and professionals.
2. Milwaukee 2732-20 Lithium-Ion 7-1/4 Inch Cordless Circular Saw
- Product will either come in original packaging that is in less than perfect shape and has been opened to inspect contents or will...
- Integrated rafter hook for easy storage between cuts
- LED light for increased accuracy and visibility
- Integrated dust port on guard and included vac adapter
- Electric brake for stopping blade after trigger is released
No craftsman is a stranger to Milwaukee tools.
Milwaukee has been in the tool-making game for decades. Through countless trial and error and positive user reviews, they have improved their designs and used state-of-the-art technology for their power tools. So that their users can get the benefit of comfort at an affordable price.
The Milwaukee 2732-20 M18 is a 15 Amp battery-powered cordless circular saw. It has a powerful POWERSTATE brushless motor and a 4-inch blade that can cut through even the most stubborn materials.
The Brushless motor offers higher torque and thus increased efficiency making use of the limited battery power the most. Increased reliability and lower maintenance.
The main advantage of using this circular saw over others is leisure. When using the device, operational and mechanical noise will be minimum. It also has a longer shelf-time due to having no brushes. Therefore no brush and commutator erosion.
It has rubber ergonomics, the feel of Milwaukee tools has always felt just right. The grip is soft and feels good when operating the power tool. It also has a Magnesium shoe and Magnesium guards, making the device firm and reliable.
Included Built-in Redlink Plus Intelligence ensures that the tool performs optimally in any stress and under any condition. It protects the device from overheating and ensures that your working process is not hindered in any way.
Additional features include an integrated rater hook so that storage is also made convenient between cuts; this accentuates the function of this cordless saw, that is, mobility. It has an integrated LED light to increase accuracy and visibility. An integrated dust port and vac adapter. The process of changing the blade is made easy by electric brakes.
Overall, the Milwaukee 2732-20 M18 is a good choice for everyone. Whether you're a professional worker or need a reliable power tool for your home, this device will not disappoint you. It offers a great variety of cuts, a good cutting depth, and can cut through all materials with relative ease.
3. BLACK+DECKER Cordless Circular Saw with Extra 4-Ah Lithium Ion Battery Pack
- High torque motor 5-1/2-inch. Fast cutting blade for a variety of cuts
- Tool-free depth of cut allows for easy depth adjustments
- Bevel adjustment with detents at 45 and 90 degrees
- BLACK+DECKER's highest capacity battery pack for the 20v MAX system of tools
- The 20v MAX 4.0 ah pack has 2x the capacity as the LBXR2020
Black Decker is another distinguished name in the industry. We have included their 20 Volts powerful cordless circular saw on our list.
It has a capable motor that provides high torque and high cutting speed; the 5 ½ cutting blade offers a variety of cuts, bevel adjusters with positive stops at 45 and 90 degrees aid this process.
The tool-free depth adjustment makes it easier to swap the blades without requiring extra tools.
The battery has a 4 ampere-hour rating that extends the working time while performing your tasks. This power tool is also quite affordable. The batteries are swappable, and the package also includes a single extra one.
However, the cost of affording a charger and extra batteries should also be considered; this is most suited for conditions when a power plug is not available.
The power tool is also light and easy to handle; the pivoting shoe features further helps in maneuverability; it works best for cutting plywood, lumber, cedar (2x4s, 1x4s, 1x2s), etc.
It can make plunge cuts, rips cuts, and linear cuts well. Although, a little kickback can be experienced when using it.
Additionally, we have variable-speed triggers to control and maneuver our tool to perfection while performing our craft; the interchangeable battery system allows us to use one battery for multiple instruments. This saves cash required for extra batteries.
Black + Decker also offers a warranty of 2 years and a high-capacity battery pack.
4. DEWALT 7-1/4-Inch Cordless Circular Saw with Brake
- Power - Brushless motor provides 5200Rpm and maintains speed under load
- Runtime - 100 cross cuts in a 2x4 (Pine)
- Tougher tungsten carbide stays sharper longer
- Specially formulated anti-stick coating minimizes friction and gum-up for smoother cuts
Next on our list is DeWalt’s DCS570B. DeWalt is also a well-renowned manufacturer with a long history of producing durable and top-quality power tools. Over the years, this company has made a reputation for satisfying customers. It has quite a community of its admirers. This saw is quite light in weight and easy to handle being of appropriate size.
This product is particularly for crosscutting (2x materials) and ripping sheet goods. It has a brushless motor and a 7 ¼ inch blade. The motor is brushless. This maintains the quality of the saw by restricting erosion.
This product is made to handle dense objects. The saw has a maximum speed of 5500 RPM under load. This makes it suitable for every kind of job.
The cordless circular saw provides 330 crosscuts in 2x4 (pine). It has a 2-9/16 inch cutting capacity at 90 degrees and bevel capacity up to 57 degrees so that any kind of cut is made effortlessly.
It offers the durability and power of any conventional corded saw but with the added mobility of a cordless saw. This is very advantageous in situations requiring you to move away from your personal workspace or when you like to avoid the hazard of tripping and cutting the power cord.
DeWalt also provides a 3-year warranty for its loyal customers.
5. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Circular Saw 7-1/4-Inch(CMCS550B)
- UP TO 75% MORE POWER: Brushless motor offers long life and increased power for the compact circular saw
- SEE CLEARLY: LED of the cordless circular saw illuminates the cutting line and worksurface
- MAXIMUM BEVEL: 56 degrees with positive stops at 22.5 and 45
- IMPROVED DURABILITY: Upper metal guard offers resilience
- Battery and charger sold separately
Craftsman V20 is one of the most affordable choices on our list.
It features a brushless 20 Volts motor, and provides a speed upto 4700 RPM under load. This speed is sufficient to cut through all kinds of sturdy materials. The saw has small dimensions, making it easy to hold and use.
This also makes storage easy and goes well with the cordless design of the power tool, to give increased portability. The body is made up of alloy metal, the upper guard is resilient enough. A stamped-aluminum shoe is also added for extra durability.
It uses a 7 ½ inch blade that provides 2-9/16 inches depth while cutting. This paired with a bevel capacity of 56 degrees makes the device very suitable for plunge cuts, rips cuts and crosscuts.
This unit can take on any jobs be it woodcutting, trimming, ripping and such. Bevel stops are also added at 22.5 and 45 for increasing the variety of cuts that the user can make.
This instrument also offers a LED light, for increased visibility and has a large sight window that increases line of sight.
6. Makita XSR01Z 36V 7-1/4" Battery Powered Circular Saw
- Powered by two LXT batteries; X2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita-built electronically controlled brushless motor delivers 5,100 RPM for maximum performance and 50% longer run time per...
- The brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT technology delivers up to 558 crosscuts per charge in 2x4 SPF lumber and up to 291 crosscuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber...
Makita power tools need no introduction. Many professional craftsmen prefer this manufacturer as their go-to for tools for construction-grade work and even working at home.
The Makita XSR01Z is powered by two LXT batteries. The advantage of LXT batteries is that it has an upper hand over other devices; when it comes to power and speed. This technology has solved the issue of cordless devices' run-time. It offers an increased running capacity and prolonged working time compared to other power tools.
It is also powered by the Makita brushless motor and can deliver 5100 rotations per minute. The producer does not compromise on power at all. This time they have developed this power tool for maximum efficiency guaranteeing a 50 percent better run-time than other circular saws.
This modern and futuristic device features and prefers compatibility, its size being only 17-1/2 inches long.
More features include electric brakes that facilitate faster blade changes. Automatic speed change technology ensures that you can have maximum control over your cuts. LED gauges to indicate battery charge levels and ensure that the device does not stop during our work irregularly.
Moreover, the saw also comes with specialized carbide-tipped blades that increase the cutting ability being compatible with the device, and offer a higher cutting capacity than standard blades.